Thursday, August 30, 2007

Recycling for Christmas!

A couple of years ago, after spending TOO much money on Christmas gifts, I suggested to my family that one of the gifts we give each other should be "recycled". Our definition of recycled in this case is pretty liberal.....the item can be bought at a thrift or second-hand store, or it can be something we have that we no longer want and think someone on our Christmas list might like. Of course, I have been known to drop a hint or two when I visit my kids or my mom.....they have lots of things I wish they'd recycle to me this Christmas!


Along the lines of recycling for Christmas, right now I am in the midst of recycling old draperies, lace tablecloths and other vintage linens into beautiful, one of a kind Christmas stockings which I hope to have listed on my website, Cozy Cottage Gifts and Decor,very soon.

Happy recycling everyone!

No comments: